Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Question about the SRF edition of Whispers from Eternity.

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about the SRF edition of Whispers from Eternity.  (Read 451 times)
guest66
« on: Dec 30, 2009 03:40 pm »

I was watching the Ananda Sunday Service today (the service of 27/12) and heard a poem recited which began:

"Through long winding ways of misgivings,
Crossing chimerical chasms of age long separations"

I can't find it in my 2009 SRF edition of "Whispers", though. Could somebody perhaps point it out? (I don't like to think that they have changed it again since 1981, to remove yet more from the book!)

Steve, if I've overstepped the mark in making this claim, please reword or delete the topic as you feel appropriate.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2009 05:23 pm »

I was watching the Ananda Sunday Service today (the service of 27/12) and heard a poem recited which began:

I can't find it in my 2009 SRF edition of "Whispers", though. Could somebody perhaps point it out? (I don't like to think that they have changed it again since 1981, to remove yet more from the book!)

Steve, if I've overstepped the mark in making this claim, please reword or delete the topic as you feel appropriate.

No problem. Everyone is welcome here with their opinions and thoughts. We have even given such diverse characters as Alfred Hitchcock,  Alfred Newman and Lucifer Blasphemous a say and Laughing Goose is quite a quack herself (No offense taken please). They fit into a rather unique category of their own: Our dear friends. Aside form having a spiritiual community where we can meet and help each other: That is the main reason i was inspired to have another forum. People were ostracized and deleted from other forums i was on. It would take a lot more than i have seen to get some people together and actually tell someone, they could not say something. Once i expressed dismay at some of the things i saw in a spiritual organization. The monk i spoke to said: "Paramahansa Yogananda said that all organizations are hornets nests. We are an organization."

i know the Lessons have been changed around. So no doubt there is a reason other things could be. Funny thing though: i learned a little something from this. That is: i seriously wish they would change the dress code at SRF it is very uncomfortable. Also: i would like to see a meditation room at Amma's get togethers but apparently i first need to learn humility. Because the world is not going to change for me. i guess i am just going to have to change for myself.

Can't tell you about Whispers. It seems that Into Blue knows more than anyone here about that book since she keeps inspiring us at the rite time with Master's quotes from the book.

This one too is timely in nature. i hope that Charmed Again: I've had too much read this: perhaps she too would have a laugh for her New Year's Resolution. It depicts the beauty and splendor of..... his words.

Thanks again for your significant posts Live to Learn.

Jai Guru Jai Ma

Steve Hydonus
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2009 06:08 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest66
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2009 08:55 pm »

Thanks for your input, Steve. I hope I get an answer soon, because I don't like to think there have been further changes made.
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2009 10:55 pm »

hi Live to Learn,

I will check on this for you, but in the meantime, if anyone else knows the answer and wants to reply - feel free to do so.

I hope the answer is what you are looking for, but whatever it is, the answer will be the same whether it is sooner or later  Smiley
Worrying about it and if it is changed, doesn't help, if it was changed, there must be a reason.

There are many whispers to listen to.... I will listen now and hope to find your answer sooner than later.

Into Blue
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2009 11:15 pm »

here you go, Live to Learn, sooner than later  Smiley

I Baptize myself in the sacred waters of my Tears of Love for Thee

"Through long, winding ways of misgivings,
crossing chimerical chasms of age-long separations
racing over endless tracts of lives
dogging the steps of many ambitions
following the trails of many desires,
freeing myself from whirlpools of sadness and hilarity  -
at last I am at my journey's end.

I look upon my past travails with joy
every rock of past agony has now opened up a spring of joyous tears.

In the sacred waters of those tears of love for Thee, I daily baptize myself."
Report Spam   Logged
guest66
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2009 11:38 pm »

Thanks, Into Blue. I'm having to adjust to the fact that "Whispers" is the book where there appear to be major discrepancies between the two editions. (The SRF edition and the Crystal Clarity Publishers version) So, there are poems "missing" from my edition, unfortunately.

Hey-ho. Jai Guru!

Namaste to you,

Live to Learn

Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2009 11:49 pm »

You are most welcome Live to Learn.

I am glad I was able to find the poem for you. I had no idea there were different editions.
If I may help you again, please let me know.

Jai Guru !

Into Blue 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: