Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 03:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Power of thoughts

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Power of thoughts  (Read 1053 times)
guest88
« Reply #15 on: Nov 14, 2016 08:36 pm »

The most interesting phenomena to me transcends thought. That is meditation. In meditation we find we are looking for that place where all thoughts are left behind-those thoughts that are positive in manifestation and those thoughts that are negative in manifestation. That is because there comes an awareness that attachment to positive thoughts and actions can just as easily attach us to the objects of those thoughts. We watch all thoughts dispassionately as they rise and fall and realize that as long as they persist we persist and exist trapped in this realm which the idea that came from thought created.

i don't have any answers here, just questions. i've given a lot of thought lately, on the power of thoughts. much of which has lead me to believe one must study more with mediation and death. the idea in death is that we part from our body and mind and the idea of meditation is we can transcend thought and reach bliss.

is death the great liberator? are we our thoughts? why would close friends condemn you from changing by binding you to past thoughts and actions?
i wonder, is it possible to exist without thought. i wonder if memories are thoughts and if it's possible to have memories prior to being born.

lately i've been drawn back to the power of thought. how can one walk freely in this world, interact with others and say they experience the absence of thoughts or more accurately, the bliss one finds in meditation when we are bound by the bustle of every day life, by our bodies and minds. is bliss itself a thought or an emotion or something more?

we know, the power of thoughts hold a creative power. power to change our physical bodies- whether in sickness or to be even a healthier you and power to influence others(again for better or worse). but we are here, and while we are here we will have to experience thought everyday, every moment. i do have more time to meditate lately...

but what does this knowledge provide when we can't articulate it or live it to its fullest...

many thoughts here today but not enough energy to pursue.... so with this i retire and dive back into the busy world

peace, blessings
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: