Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 01:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

How is it possible ?

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How is it possible ?  (Read 531 times)
amorabsolutus

« on: Feb 08, 2010 12:21 am »

There is one God, known by different names to some, but the same God. So if there is one God and many religions, wouldn't it make sense that whatever Church/ Temple or service that a person attends, that God would be there ?

For example, if a person was visiting in another city, and visited the local Church he or she should feel that God is there. How is it possible that when I was in Church the other day, that I was not feeling the presence of God ? Do I need to feel a connection to this Church, this service that I was attending to feel God's presence ?

Spirit fox

This is a common thing that I see in spirituality/religion. It's not that they are unable to find, or feel God, or know God. These individuals know the concept of God. That is what they feel, and know. God becomes a label, something that someone defines and expresses, and tells someone to know. They use labels, and pictures, and descriptions, yet in doing so they are not talking about God, but the concept of God.

So as long as we as we continue to do so I feel we will never truly know God. We will know of God, and what God is like. Yet, we will not truly know God.

You will know these individuals when you ask them about God, and they can only give you a definition, or something that they have read in a book. Those are the ones that don't truly know God. Experiences can also at times be misleading. As you can experience what your mind wants you to experience. Without knowing the truth behind it. After all your mind can be tainted by what it knows, and what it's been taught.

One of the things that has kept us from knowing God is our limited scope as an individual that created a God with human traits. One that is here, or there, one that is angry, sad, jealous, unloving, a condemner, a vindicator, etc.

My favorite is that God is only good, and is not bad. Those are the experiences of God from a dualistic stand point.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: