Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 12:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

How is it possible ?

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How is it possible ?  (Read 532 times)
Spirit fox

in search of all that is, was and will be

« on: Feb 07, 2010 10:00 pm »

There is one God, known by different names to some, but the same God. So if there is one God and many religions, wouldn't it make sense that whatever Church/ Temple or service that a person attends, that God would be there ?

For example, if a person was visiting in another city, and visited the local Church he or she should feel that God is there. How is it possible that when I was in Church the other day, that I was not feeling the presence of God ? Do I need to feel a connection to this Church, this service that I was attending to feel God's presence ?

Spirit fox

Report Spam   Logged
blue nova
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2010 10:08 pm »

For example, if a person was visiting in another city, and visited the local Church he or she should feel that God is there. How is it possible that when I was in Church the other day, that I was not feeling the presence of God ? Do I need to feel a connection to this Church, this service that I was attending to feel God's presence ?

we are the ones who seperate ourselves from God....it is not God who seperates from us.

if we do not feel the Presence, then it is us who need to do the adjusting.  adjust our 'antennae', back to Gods 'frequency'  Smiley

God is everywhere....not only churches.

we were born with temples...they are our bodies.  it is that temple only, that we need in order to reach God.

not only is God everywhere....He is everywhere all the time  Wink 

24/7...God transmits

Love & (((Hugs)))
bn
Report Spam   Logged
Spirit fox

in search of all that is, was and will be

« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2010 10:15 pm »

hello blue nova,

I know God is everywhere, it just didn't feel like He was there. Perhaps it was the atmosphere in the room, so many were not there because they wanted to be there - but  they were just there, for one reason or another. I could sense this.

I feel His presence more in nature, natural outdoor settings -more of a one on one connection .

Spirit fox

« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2010 10:24 pm by Spirit fox » Report Spam   Logged
amorabsolutus

« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2010 12:21 am »

There is one God, known by different names to some, but the same God. So if there is one God and many religions, wouldn't it make sense that whatever Church/ Temple or service that a person attends, that God would be there ?

Spirit fox

This is a common thing that I see in spirituality/religion. It's not that they are unable to find, or feel God, or know God. These individuals know the concept of God. That is what they feel, and know. God becomes a label, something that someone defines and expresses, and tells someone to know. They use labels, and pictures, and descriptions, yet in doing so they are not talking about God, but the concept of God.

So as long as we as we continue to do so I feel we will never truly know God. We will know of God, and what God is like. Yet, we will not truly know God.

You will know these individuals when you ask them about God, and they can only give you a definition, or something that they have read in a book. Those are the ones that don't truly know God. Experiences can also at times be misleading. As you can experience what your mind wants you to experience. Without knowing the truth behind it. After all your mind can be tainted by what it knows, and what it's been taught.

One of the things that has kept us from knowing God is our limited scope as an individual that created a God with human traits. One that is here, or there, one that is angry, sad, jealous, unloving, a condemner, a vindicator, etc.

My favorite is that God is only good, and is not bad. Those are the experiences of God from a dualistic stand point.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2010 05:50 am »

Yes, ONE God (SINGULARITY) -- but expressing in a myriad, countless expressions -- to reach out in a personal way -- speaking across the centuries, cultures...    We may consider that God expresses within and without...   in the grand and the simple... in the complex and subtle...   ever shy... 

Whether we "percieve" or are "receptive" seems to be the question ?

If we are near a flower... it may just be a plant... or if we tune differently, it may be a vast array of beauty, etc.   It is not ignorance to see it as either, based on the flow of the unfolding moment... creation is duality, dark and light, there is often no absolute...  the ignorance is to not know there are a myriad of potential direct experiences with that flower ?  When we see a rotting log, or cattle dung, what is our "perception"?  Is it simply a log or dung, or is it rebirth, and fertilizer ? 

If we are traveling, and visit an unfamiliar church...  it may be the same...?   

Although, seems we may be uplifted or dissappointed in the physical building, the folks, the sermon...   and yet that is just a stimulus...  the chord that runs deep must be struck -- regardless -- that is the resonance ?   

If we tune our instrument (of God perception), and continue to evolve to allow it to persist in the integrative experience (of human physical incarnation)... then it is a matter of how well we tune the instrument... whether the instrument is dulled by a different frequency...  sometimes, it is simply that it is easier to tune to a frequency that is more along our personal spiritual path (sadhana) -- even though we may see the common thread (resonance) in all churches, nature, etc.  -- each "image" (person) according to their own resonance ? ? ? ?

Sri Yukteswar is to have said that even a diamond may be found in the ashes...   so consider, we not judge other "experiences", only use our (soul / self) discrimination to locate and tune to our own resonance.... ?

Yes Namaste2All i find that often our view and attitude towards others also determines outcomes. It is so important to creatively recognize what may be happening in a persons life before hastily judging because of our own personal agendas and negativity. This i have been finding true of myself...

Steve
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2010 11:21 am by namaste2All » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
flying squirrel

"in the state of wonderment"

« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2010 09:51 am »

i find that often our view and attitude towards others also determines outcomes. It is so important to creatively recognize what may be happening in a persons life before hastily judging because of our own personal agendas and negativity. This i have been finding true of myself...

Steve

Steve, what do you mean by " creatively recognize " ?

I am looking to understand your comment " I find that often our view and attitudes towards others also determines outcomes " .... outcomes of what ?

thanx,
flying squirrel  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2010 11:41 am »

i find that often our view and attitude towards others also determines outcomes. It is so important to creatively recognize what may be happening in a persons life before hastily judging because of our own personal agendas and negativity. This i have been finding true of myself...

Steve

Steve, what do you mean by " creatively recognize " ?

I am looking to understand your comment " I find that often our view and attitudes towards others also determines outcomes " .... outcomes of what ?

thanx,
flying squirrel  Cool

Example: Yesterday i went to teach a guitar/keyboard lesson. The people were not there and some other times they have missed lessons. i could have gone home because they were not there. Instead, i decided to get something to eat nearby and leave a message on the phone for them. The lady called back and said she was at a football game and forgot about the lesson. i waited. She came back with her boys payed for my meal and some gas and i gave the lesson. It could have been an entirely different outcome if i had not given her the benefit of the doubt....

Steve
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2010 11:43 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
flying squirrel

"in the state of wonderment"

« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2010 11:47 am »