Spiritual Portal
Aug 26, 2019 06:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Daze of Heaven's new album: World Color

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Struggling...

Recent Items

Views: 5
Comments (0)
By: tides2dust

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 6
Comments (0)

Views: 5
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Struggling...  (Read 102 times)
Live to Learn
Global Moderator

« on: Feb 19, 2010 11:09 am »

I believe I have read everything there is to read from Paramhansa Yogananda on the subject of loss, but now and then it comes again.

Approaching (that is to say, less than two months away from) the anniversary of the passing of the friend who brought me to this path, I'm in a little emotional pain. I don't even know the source, I just know that it's deeply uncomfortable. I think I've said this before, but I still find it highly ironic that she passed on Easter Sunday. That day of all days...nearly three years ago. How can it still be so deeply uncomfortable, when I think about the experience, or even her person?

In divine friendship,

L T L
Report Spam   Logged

"The treasure of friendship is your richest possession, because it goes with you beyond this life. All true friends you have made you will meet again in the home of the Father, for real love is never lost." ~ Paramahansa Yogananda
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2010 12:15 pm »

Dear Live to Learn,

I am sorry to hear that you are still in emotional pain when you think of your friend that passed away. I have not read any of Yogananda's writings  on the subject of loss, so I am not sure of his thoughts on the subject. There is probably someone here who has and can comment, or perhaps explain his comments to you.

It is never easy when it comes to the anniversary of someone's death, especially when that someone was a close friend. And when the death happens on a specific event, such as a holiday, or a birthday, it is always there as a reminder. I believe it is important to remember this friend, but to concentrate on happy memories, instead of putting too much focus on the actual date of the passing, as a sad event. I am not saying this is not a sad day, it is and always will be if you let the sadness, grief take control. Try to use the day, to celebrate their life, especially as this happened on Easter Sunday.

Into Blue

« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2010 12:25 pm by Into Blue » Report Spam   Logged
Live to Learn
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2010 12:21 pm »

Thanks, Into Blue.

It's incredible that I've read so much, and yet the human nature of this feeling is still so powerfully there. I would gladly let it go, if I could. I know it's time. I'm just not quite sure how.

L T L
Report Spam   Logged

"The treasure of friendship is your richest possession, because it goes with you beyond this life. All true friends you have made you will meet again in the home of the Father, for real love is never lost." ~ Paramahansa Yogananda
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2010 12:31 pm »

Dear Live to Learn,

It is natural to experience the human nature of this feeling, as we are all human. The extent to which a person grieves or experiences grief or sadness varies from person to person, depending on their contact or relationship to the person who has passed away. There is no exact time period, that one needs to follow in regards to feelings of grief or sadness. If you need for some reason, to continue feeling this way at the moment, then that is as it is. The grief and sadness does eventually fade away, one knows this from experience, even though when a person is told this after someone passes away, it is not really a comfort.

I have been to a few Spiritualist services, and I believe that even when a person dies, passes away, that they are still with us, whether one is talking about their soul or their spirit. And I believe it is possible to continue to have contact with this person, which is probably way out of line of the thinking of SRF teachings, but my mind is open to endless possibilities. To some people, this is a comfort and I see nothing wrong with this.

I am not sure I understand your comment about " feeling deeply uncomfortable " ? Are you talking about a feeling of deep sadness ?

((((hugs)))) and prayers for you, at this time of sadness,
Into Blue   
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2010 12:33 pm by Into Blue » Report Spam   Logged
Live to Learn
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2010 01:01 pm »

"deeply uncomfortable" relates to a feeling of sadness come regret that seems to creep in...whenever I come to consider Chris. For that reason, I generally try not to...again, I've got to let this go, but I don't quite know how to. Thanks, Into Blue.
Report Spam   Logged

Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2010 01:06 pm »

Thank you for explaining. I am sorry I don't have the answers for you, as to how to let go. Perhaps someone else on the forum can be of some help to you with some suggestions.

Into Blue
Report Spam   Logged
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2010 04:15 pm »

Yogananda talked a lot about the loss of dear ones for instance: His Mother and Sri Yuktewar and the very human grief he felt surrounding their passing. He even mentioned looking for and finding his friend Kasha who had returned back to incarnating here on earth. Master even gave us techniques for finding dear and departed ones if we so desire. These are in the SRF lessons. After not seeing my mother for some time she did return in one of my dreams.

It seems i have had more problems with those, for one reason or another, who decide to no longer communicate with us/me. i still pray for them because of my wonderful memories of them. i have found over the years that God has replaced them with spiritual friends who more accurately reflect my growing awareness. They seem more helpful to me. To me friendship is forever~ no matter what mistakes happened between people. So you see; now i look for people who have common goals and aspirations and nourish those goals together. Those who have left who have common aspirations i feel are with me and helping me. At some point i will be able to see them again. In the meantime i am trying to center on the now so i do not miss the opportunities for friendship that God is revealing to me. Letting go and flowing is part of the our spiritual sadhana. The picture show is not meant to get attached to but to enjoy as the scenes come and go before our eyes. Not always as easily said as done!

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2010 04:25 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stevehydonus
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus https://myspace.com/stevehydonus/music/songs<br />http://stevehydonus.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)<br />email:ombabaji@hotmail.com (For CD\'s
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2010 06:43 pm »

Yogananda talked a lot about the loss of dear ones for instance: His Mother and Sri Yuktewar and the very human grief he felt surrounding their passing. He even mentioned looking for and finding his friend Kasha who had returned back to incarnating here on earth. Master even gave us techniques for finding dear and departed ones if we so desire. These are in the SRF lessons. After not seeing my mother for some time she did return in one of my dreams.
Jitendra

Somehow I knew Jitendra would be one to answer with helpful advice, and I thank you from me, even though this is not my thread. I will be looking to read those lessons, where Master gives us techniques for finding dear and departed ones. It amazes me how Yogananda has every topic covered, one must just be patient and continue reading the lessons.

in sync with that " not always as easily said as done " comment, I just posted the same elsewhere

Into Blue
Report Spam   Logged
Live to Learn
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: Feb 19, 2010 07:49 pm »

Thank you, Jitendraji.

"This picture show is not meant to get attached to, but enjoy the scenes as they pass before our eyes."

Timely reminder...more than timely reminder.

Thank you so much.

In divine friendship,

L T L
Report Spam   Logged

Live to Learn
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2010 12:57 pm »

Thank you.

If I were in the same room as you now, I would be bowing deeply. At last, I understand. All of this is a challenge- a way for God to ask, through this experience "How much do you want Me? Will you turn if I do what I have to do?"

Thank you so much...you have all eased my pain considerably.

In divine friendship,

L T L
Report Spam   Logged

blue nova
« Reply #10 on: Feb 27, 2010 12:43 am »

L T L...sending you Love & ((((Hugs)))) 
Report Spam   Logged
Live to Learn
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: Feb 27, 2010 08:09 pm »

Thank you, blue nova.

_/\_ to you!
Report Spam   Logged

Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2010 01:00 am »

It's a strange thing Live to Learn. i think that one of the most lasting cures to getting over somone is time itself and the fact that other people enter our lives. i think being open to the fact that there are other wonderful people around us right now who would like to be our friends is very important. No one will take the place of certain people who have entered our lives. How can they? God has made each one of us so unique. i have tried to be more apreciative of what is unfolding around me presently because otherwise i might miss it by being so hung up in the past. Believe me that is problem i have had to face. However there will be and our others who will be just as special in their own way.  

Steve Hydonus

« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2010 01:08 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stevehydonus
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus https://myspace.com/stevehydonus/music/songs<br />http://stevehydonus.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)<br />email:ombabaji@hotmail.com (For CD\'s

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: