Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 10:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Kriya Yoga

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Kriya Yoga  (Read 2804 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Jun 08, 2010 09:15 pm »

Intent is very important.  it is a crucial part of finding God again.  yet...is it all that one needs ? 

Intent...according to dictionary:  firmly directed or fixed; earnest; intense 2) having the mind or attention firmly directed or fixed.

do not we need Understanding of what it is were are Intent on ?

some...still see god / creator as some sort of 'bearded fella in the sky...ready to send us to hell for our sins'.

so..should we set our Intent on that God ? a god of dogma....or the real thing. ??

we need to Understand God for the Real God...not the dogmatic God.

many 'religions' still preach about a god of dogma....

so...i believe...there are more ingredients to recipe than just intent...

one must use other ingredients to come up with final recipe, for finding God again.

other ingredients that come to mind....Devotion, Sincerity, Understanding, Patience....Direction

if anyone has other ingredients...please add to list  Wink

(((Hugs))) <3 <3 <3

Blue Nova; It is wonderful to see that you jump back with such alacrity after recent posts. It is interesting that Amor prefaced his comment with imo. Since this kind of forum is most helpful to us all if we do not present ourselves as though we know the answers unless we really do. In this spirit i hope to present my thoughts.

As you might know Paramahansa Yogananda has stated that one quarter of the path to God is our effort, one quarter is the help of the guru and one half is the grace of God. In my opinion (imo) we are very much in darkness here on this earth plain and are efforts are blessed with much more results if we have a true teacher that can help us. When we want to learn about any subject we try to find the best authorities on such subjects. It is amazing what i have learned being in the presence of good teachers and the influence of those who have much more understanding then myself. For instance many people have asked Amor about Reiki since he knows so much about it. How would it be any different in the spiritual life? We have nothing but to gain from the presence of such great spirits and their advice and influence is much apreciaited imo.

Steve
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: