Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 01:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Kriya Yoga

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Kriya Yoga  (Read 2795 times)
amorabsolutus

« Reply #15 on: Jun 08, 2010 11:19 pm »

Intent is very important.  it is a crucial part of finding God again.  yet...is it all that one needs ? 

Intent...according to dictionary:  firmly directed or fixed; earnest; intense 2) having the mind or attention firmly directed or fixed.

do not we need Understanding of what it is were are Intent on ?

some...still see god / creator as some sort of 'bearded fella in the sky...ready to send us to hell for our sins'.

so..should we set our Intent on that God ? a god of dogma....or the real thing. ??

we need to Understand God for the Real God...not the dogmatic God.

many 'religions' still preach about a god of dogma....

so...i believe...there are more ingredients to recipe than just intent...

one must use other ingredients to come up with final recipe, for finding God again.

other ingredients that come to mind....Devotion, Sincerity, Understanding, Patience....Direction

if anyone has other ingredients...please add to list  Wink

(((Hugs))) <3 <3 <3

Hi Blue Nova,

I do hope you are well on this day. That is the tricky part with intent in that if you are intent on a certain thing to happen a certain way you may miss what you were really looking for. When it comes to matters of spirit if you are intent on looking for a certain God, say that man with a beard you may not find it, or you may. It's hard to say if our mind will create things in the way that we are most comfortable with. I have heard that Angels and Guides use such a tactic to not scare anyone. After all if a giant crocodile was your guide it may scare you at first. If mine was a spider I'd be scared.

Now as Steve has pointed out we are lost in darkness these days. Mainly because we have been guided wrong. We have been told what something is, and isn't. We've been told about going to hell. We've been told about the only way to God is through Jesus, or Krishna. Etc. So in that essence a guru may be beneficial to help steer a person. If you think about it. Just reading online is sort of like a guru. Yea, you can find answers when you meditate. But if no one told you to meditate you wouldn't know.

Those other aspects can be beneficial to a persons growth.. But, IMO, they stem from intent. If you were not intent on going anywhere in your growth you would not have any reason for devotion, or dedication.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: