Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 08:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

How do we serve others and God?

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do we serve others and God?  (Read 527 times)
blue nova
« on: May 13, 2010 06:11 pm »

by showing all Souls  Love, which includes Compassion,, Understanding, Forgiveness...

what other 'traits' have i missed ?

Love & (((Hugs)))
Report Spam   Logged
amorabsolutus

« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2010 01:44 am »

sometimes i get caught up... and these traits... as idealistic as they are... seem hard to achieve...

there's balance to all of this...
realistic approach maybe? i guess if i am true to myself it shouldn't matter... i just feel its hard sometimes... any advice?

thanks...  Smiley

The advice truly is love. It seems hard because love has found itself to be something that is hard. That is where it stopped becomming love, and became a definition of what love should be.

We also put stock in how people should be and how they should act which creates lables in our minds, and eyes, of what certain people are. So we find it harder and almost impossible to love those that hurt another, or that do something "bad"
Report Spam   Logged
amorabsolutus

« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2010 02:01 am »

i agree with you
i'm just not sure i encompass the entirety of its meaning
it is to great.
am i saying i'm not worthy of its greatness? i certainly hope not.
i do fall prey to labeling and many other things

i'm just... hmmm
there's a struggle in Understanding

also... is it not an act of Love in trying to define and portray?
or is it... we ARE loving beings... naturally inherited... sometimes we do things that don't portray the label, definition... and because of this believe we are falling short of Love- when really... even then- we are Loving just as much as we are when we're doing something we hold on high?

There is a struggling in understanding because of how we understand. We use our mind to understand something that is through our experiences in life. The problem with this is that the mind can not see past itself. It can only see what it has expeirneced to be true, or false. It will not see something that is bigger than this. The mind also has a way of seeing things a certain way. Which is why if you share an experience with another person and you ask them both to talk about it in detail. Chances are. Both of them will share a similar story, but things will be different in how they "saw" them.

Love on the other hand is beyond the mind. To truly feel, and know love, one has to experience it. And it experience it without any labels, judgements, or expectations.
Report Spam   Logged
flying squirrel

"in the state of wonderment"

« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2010 10:22 am »

are we not but expressions of the creator- learning of/in-itself... or is this selfish? in learning our gifts- we're able to share our fruits
bringing us that much closer to eternal Oneness... or am i out on a limb here? Tongue (where are you my squirrely friend!) or maybe they're simply more in-tune with the Source of ALL?

thought I heard my name being called thru the wind in the trees ! Grin Cool
not out on a limb - interesting thought ponderings

sharing gifts, things we learn always good idea

thanx ! Cool

Report Spam   Logged
amorabsolutus

« Reply #4 on: Jul 06, 2010 04:36 pm »

hi. thank you for sharing with me this far & your patience. i seem really curious today!
so is it a battle of the ego?

hmm... so looking at the same thing and seeing it with a different set of eyes. interesting. even in a different hue- the story is ultimately the same
i'm reminded of synchronicities
are we to take note of those seemingly intertwined moments... are these what define Love? Universal Laws?
also, there's nothing wrong with seeing it slightly different even if it is ultimately the same right?

are we not but expressions of the creator- learning of/in-itself... or is this selfish? in learning our gifts- we're able to share our fruits
bringing us that much closer to eternal Oneness... or am i out on a limb here? Tongue (where are you my squirrely friend!) or maybe they're simply more in-tune with the Source of ALL?

As we learn and grow in our lives we will learn that perspective can change the attitude of anyone involved. And with that perspective ones opinion may change. One person may see a thief and pass him off as an evil thief. Another may see that theif only doing what he is doing because he has a sick daughter and has no money to pay for the expensive surgery that she needs.

The one thing I tell many people in those shoes is not to hate the person that is involved, and if you must hate something hate the act they committed but not the person. Though, hate is a strong word, and in most cases is like a two headed snake.

If it were to be said that we are divince expressions of the creator that means we are all the same essence, the same spark, and being that we are all divine how can you not have nothing but love for your self and others since we are all one and the same.
Report Spam   Logged
prabhatsinha

« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2010 06:27 am »

by showing all Souls  Love, which includes Compassion,, Understanding, Forgiveness...

what other 'traits' have i missed ?

Love & (((Hugs)))
love is wholesome
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: