Spiritual Portal
Apr 16, 2024 10:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Saint Theresa's Prayer-The Saint of the Little Ways

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 39
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint Theresa's Prayer-The Saint of the Little Ways  (Read 347 times)
Joy
« on: May 07, 2009 08:07 pm »

Saint Theresa's Prayer -  known as the Saint of the Little Ways.

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your Soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009 09:03 am »

lovely prayer Joy
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009 04:40 pm »

This one is somewhat tricky since it seems that we make our own decisions about where we are. However the more we put God in our planning the more i do believe that we are meant to be where we are. i wonder what your slant is on this (anyone).
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009 05:03 pm »

ok, here's my slant on this .... we all have free will, to make decisions, yet at the same time things happen according to Divine plan and according to what is written in the stars, so it is the combination of these events, which puts us where we are at certain moments in time.

I can't remember the exact wording, but it has been said something like "things happen for a reason, the people we meet, the places we go, the experiences we experience." It is just that sometimes we may not understand the reasoning behind the scenes. Make any sense ?

Into Blue
Report Spam   Logged
Joy
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009 03:04 am »

This one is somewhat tricky since it seems that we make our own decisions about where we are. However the more we put God in our planning the more i do believe that we are meant to be where we are. i wonder what your slant is on this (anyone).

Here's my slant... I think God has a perfect plan that reflects peace and harmoney and God knows what is best and in our highest good.  I also believe that this earth is a school and we are here to learn certain lessons before we can return to God.  God wants us to return to him (I've heard it said God yearns for us) and He provides challenges/opportunities to learn and grow and move forward so we can get closer and closer to him until we have perfected ourselves and are ready to return to Him...and He will come to us when we are ready.  Each person has their own unique individual path to return to God.  God loves us so much that He designed a personalized path for each soul in a human body.  When we put God in our planning, we allow Him to guide us and tell us His plan for us...when we follow Gods plan for us we will return to our true home in Him a lot sooner than if we don't put God in our planning

Joy
Report Spam   Logged
Goldwolf

« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2009 11:04 am »

That's a nice prayer. The prayer seems to say that we should not lose faith in the what we imagine to be the mysterious nature of God. I agree with you Into Blue as far as being human we have free will and at the same time there is a divine plan that may be written in the stars. Written in the stars to me means karma.

I think it is a good point you made, Steve, about putting God in our planning. I have a concept that I came up with maybe because of situations on role playing video games. On the video games such as the Final Fantasy series, the stories are usually linear and have to go a certain direction but sometimes the stories are non linear and the player can do things in numerous different orders as well as some objectives being optional. I feel that peoples lives sometimes are this way. Myself, for instance. Things that appeared as failures at certain points in my life have led me to having my life blessed in yoga meditation. I hope that from now on in my what looks successful will benefit my life. Material satisfaction or comfort can only compliment my spiritual practice. The calmness and peace of mind throughout the day will one day come I believe. Anyway, that's a concept I believe in. I do things in my life and sometimes even if I try to go this or that direction I end up going where I need to instead of where I thought I wanted to. I hope this makes sense.

Sometimes God puts us through things we don't think we deserve but hardships build character. I have to admit, my mind not strong enough yet causes me to be sometimes bitter about things I've been through but I don't, can't, conceive of hardening my heart to God. I have learned blind faith in God. If God lets the world crush a person it was supposed to happen, your arms are to short to box with God. If God sets things into motion for a person's benefit, good or bad, we need to learn from these things.

I hope I didn't go to far off topic. As it is said in the scriptures my friends, pray without ceasing. Praise be to God. Amen.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: