Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 04:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Vegetarian recipes

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vegetarian recipes  (Read 301 times)
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« on: Jun 06, 2010 05:41 pm »

Anyone have any favorite vegetarian recipes they like to share ?

I recently found a Vegetarian magazine with lots of really good recipes, now I just have to find where I put the magazine, lol !  Cheesy

I will be back with some recipes.

Into Blue
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2010 06:02 pm »

I found it !!

and here is the online version if anyone is interested : 
http://www.vegetariantimes.com/ 

Here is a quick and easy version of their
Black Beans and Corn Tacos

1 can black beans
1/2 cup prepared salsa ( more if you like )
garlic - 2 cloves minced ( or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin spice
1 can yellow corn
black pepper
4 - 6 inch corn tortillas
12 baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
2 small green onions, finely chopped
red pepper strips
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese - optional

Mix, black beans, salsa, yellow corn and garlic and cumin and black pepper and warm in microwave.

Fill each tortilla with the above mixture, add spinach leaves, the chopped cilantro and green onions, red pepper strips  and feta cheese

Enjoy !

Here is the original recipe from the magazine - ingredients are the same, cooking directions are different Directions
1. Bring beans, salsa, garlic, and 1 tsp. cumin to a simmer in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium low, and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until soft. Remove from heat, and mash with fork to crush beans for creamier filling, if desired.

2. Heat skillet over medium-high heat, and coat with olive oil cooking spray. Wrap corn in paper towels, and squeeze out excess water. Add corn to skillet in single layer, and sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 tsp. cumin, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste. Cook 5 to 10 minutes, or until golden and crispy, stirring frequently.

3. Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350°F. Toast tortillas in toaster oven 1 minute to soften. Alternately, bake tortillas on taco baking rack in oven 7 to 10 minutes, or until crisp.

Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup beans, 1/4 cup corn, 3 spinach leaves, red pepper strips, cilantro, and green onions. Top each taco with 1 Tbs. cheese, if using. Serve immediately, or pack into lunch container, and chill.

Tastes good hot or cold !
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2010 06:08 pm by Into Blue » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2010 02:14 am »

My favorites: vegetarian armadillo on the half shell. Vegi fried treptasuarus, vegi trillobite burgers, and of course let us not forget galuptamungus.
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2010 09:26 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2010 11:24 am »

How could I have forgotten such delicious delights ? thank you for the reminder !  Cheesy

and while we are remembering, let us not forget seaweed salad and pickeled kelp !  Grin and spinach for the memory, lol !!
Report Spam   Logged
Caitlin

« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2011 07:56 am »

there are the following my favourite vegetarian recipes...

1. Curried Tofu Scramble:It's no secret that most vegetarians and vegans love a good tofu scramble. Try this curried tofu scramble recipe with spinach. One reviewer served it over rice, and someone else said it was excellent with bok choy instead of spinach. With five five-star reviews, this is one of my highest rated vegetarian recipes and one of the best vegetarian recipes, according to you! What do you think?

2: Chinese Restaurant-style Broccoli and Tofu in Garlic Sauce: If you like Chinese take-out, you'll like this healthy vegetarian Chinese-food inspired entree of broccoli and tofu in a simple garlic sauce. With over a dozen five-star reviews, this is one of the best vegetarian recipes you can find for a quick healthy dinner. Serve it with rice or your favorite whole grain.

3: Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili: Of all the homemade vegetarian chili recipes I've ever tried, this one is, by far, my absolute favorite. I just love how the sweetness of the sweet potatoes combines with the spicy chili flavor. And, as it turns out, nearly a dozen people have agreed with me, giving this black bean chili recipe five out of five stars. According to the user reviews, kids, vegetarians and non-vegetarians all love this recipe, and it's delicious even as leftovers, making this one of the best easy vegetarian recipes to try.

4: Black Bean and Vegetable Enchiladas: If you want to try one of the best vegetarian recipes, enchiladas are a great and filling meal. Black bean and vegetable vegetarian enchiladas can be made in advance and frozen, so make plenty and set some aside for later. Try making your own enchilada sauce too for an even fresher home-made taste. Reviewer Andy gave these vegetable enchiladas 5 out of 5 stars and said, "This recipe was pretty easy...It's very tasty and economical and I think even people with traditional diets will love it.
Report Spam   Logged

does nioxin work
Koenigsegg CCXR, special edition cars for sale

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: